The Scheme is centred on the principles of independent, rigorous assessment of operating ability and for assurance of for competence assurance, raising of standards expected in the plant sector.
CPCS – Plants
The Red Trained Operator Card confirms a level of core skills, knowledge and understanding that can be applied in the workplace until measured as competent against national standards.
Experienced and able operators may hold a trained operator card whilst being measured against national standards through an SVQ or NVQ.
It’s a two-year card that may be extended but is non-renewable.
To get this card you need to (in this order):
- Carry out any training necessary to bring you up to the standard required to enable you to pass the CPCS technical test. This can be delivered by a trainer.
- Pass the relevant CITB health, safety and environment test.
- Achieve the CPCS theory test (within two years of the CITB health, safety and environment test)
- Achieve the CPCS practical test (within six months of the CPCS theory test and within two years of the CITB health, safety and environment test).
- Both CPCS theory and practical tests are delivered by an approved CPCS test centre.
On achievement of the CPCS practical test, the CPCS test centre will request the CPCS Trained Operator (Red) card on your behalf.
The Blue Competent Operator Card confirms you have demonstrated a level of health, safety and environment awareness through the CITB health, safety and environment test, underpinning knowledge through a CPCS theory test, operating ability through a CPCS practical test and operating competence on the type of plant evidenced by SVQ or NVQ.
The Blue Competent Operator Card has a five-year life and is renewable.
To get this card you need to:
- provide proof of achievement of the SVQ or NVQ for the category being applied for to the CPCS Test Centre
- pass the relevant CITB health, safety and environment test
- achieve the CPCS theory test (within two years of the CITB health, safety and environment test)
- achieve the CPCS practical test (within six months of the CPCS theory test and within two years of the CITB health, safety and environment test)
- Both CPCS theory and practical tests are delivered by an accredited CPCS test centre
On achievement of the CPCS practical test, the CPCS test centre will request the competent operator card on your behalf.
On receipt of your first competent operator card, you will be sent a CPCS logbook. The role of the logbook is to record life-long learning and evidence towards the renewal of a competent operator card.
We provide training in the following Construction Plant Competence Scheme categories;
- Ride on Roller
- Forward Tipping Dumper
- 360 Excavator
- Telescopic Handler
- CostFrom £54.99 ID Card & Certificate. No Hidden Cost
- Duration1/2 Day
- TimingsLondon: 10:30 - 13:30 Outside London: 08:00 - 11:00
- AssessmentThe course is assessed by continuous observation.
- ResultsResult are available within 6 working days of the course.
- AgeMinimum age requirement is 16
- CertificationSuccessful candidates will receive an ID Card and a Traffic Banksman (QCF) certificate
- Group BookingsFor group bookings Click here and get a further discount on training courses.