Care homes are owned and managed by a wide range of organisations, including local authorities, the NHS, and organisations from the private and voluntary sectors.
They differ from other workplaces because they are not only places of work; they are also homes for their residents.
They should be places where the dignity and freedom of the residents is respected, and where everyone’s health and safety is managed effectively.
To achieve this, everyone involved must understand their responsibilities.
This course discusses the legislation that applies to care homes, the responsibilities of management and employees and looks at developing systems of work.
It also covers what to do in some common hazards you might encounter as well as some Emergency situations.
It concludes by discussing some aspects of the work environment and staff welfare.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand that a Care home is both a home for residents and a work environment.
• Define the legislation involved in health and safety in this home and work environment.
• Recognise both employer and employee responsibilities in regard to maintain health and safety.
• Identify potential risks and illnesses that can affect the welfare of employees and residents.
• Explain and understand risk assessments and other safety policies that the home will employ to ensure safety.
This course is aimed at anyone working in the care sector and should act as an introduction to health and safety in their place of work.
As this course covers a wide range of health and safety situations the course provides a strong basis to further build on with more training.
CPD approval means that this course can be used by those that need to prove they are continually developing themselves.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their work and personal life.
Other courses in our Health and Social Care suite compliment this one and when combined can form the basis for the candidates work towards achieving their Care Certificate.