is this NQV Accredited?
This Qualification is supported by CSCS and accredited by Pro Qual.
CSCS provides a registration card scheme acknowledged by industry for those involved in construction. The scheme recognizes skills, knowledge and understanding, competence, and qualifications.
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area. however, learners must have the potential and opportunity to gain this qualification successfully.
This qualification is suitable for:
- Workers who need the qualification to meet legislative requirements.
- Workers wishing to progress into a supervisory position.
- People in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects.
- Individuals who wish to start their own business.
- Full-time and part-time study.
To gain the qualification, learners must achieve mandatory core units.
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving, handling, and storing resources in the workplace
- Installing first fixing components in the workplace
- Installing second fixing components in the workplace
- Maintaining non-structural carpentry work in the workplace
Once you are enrolled for this Qualification, you will be assigned an assessor. The assessor will arrange an induction visit with you to go through the evidence requirement. The Assessor will arrange an observation with you on-site and can use a range of methods during the assessment, such as Professional discussion, knowledge questions written by candidate or professional discussion, and witness testimonials.
On completion of this qualification, you will have obtained the skills, knowledge, and understanding, and demonstrated competence. Learners may progress from the Carpenter to the level 3Occupational work Supervision — Occupational Supervisor.