is this NQV Accredited?
This Qualification is supported by CSCS and accredited by ProQual.
CSCS provides a registration card scheme acknowledged by industry for those involved in construction. The scheme recognizes skills, knowledge and understanding, competence and qualifications.
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area. however, learners must have the potential and opportunity to gain this qualification successfully.
This qualification is suitable for:
- Workers who need the qualification to meet legislative requirements.
- Workers wishing to progress into a supervisory position.
- People in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects.
- Individuals who wish to start their own business.
- Full-time and part-time study.
To gain the qualification, learners must achieve mandatory core units.
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace.
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace.
- Moving, Handling, and Storing Resources in the Workplace.
- Erecting Masonry Structures in the Workplace.
- Setting Out Masonry Structures in the Workplace.
Optional units: Learners must achieve a minimum of 14 credits from this group
- Erecting Masonry Cladding in the Workplace.
- Erecting Thin Joint Masonry Structures in the Workplace.
- Placing and Finishing Non-Specialist Concrete in the Workplace.
- Maintaining Slate and Tile Roofing in the Workplace.
- Repairing and Maintaining Masonry Structures in the Workplace.
- Producing Internal Solid Plastering Finishes in the Workplace.
- Applying Solid Render to Background Surfaces and Producing Finishes in the Workplace.
- Installing Drainage in the Workplace.
Once you are enrolled for this Qualification, you will be assigned an assessor. The assessor will arrange an induction visit with you to go through the evidence requirement. The Assessor will arrange an observation with you on-site and can use a range of methods during the assessment, such as Professional discussion, knowledge questions written by candidate or professional discussion, and witness testimonials.
On completion of this qualification, you will have obtained the skills, knowledge, and understanding, and demonstrated competence. Learners may progress from the Carpenter to the level 3Occupational work Supervision — Occupational Supervisor.