is this NQV Accredited?
This Qualification is supported by CSCS and accredited by either SQA or ProQual.
CSCS provides a registration card scheme acknowledged by industry for those involved in construction. The scheme recognizes skills, knowledge and understanding, competence, and qualifications.
You must be working as a Site Manager or working towards becoming a site manager. We recommend you must have Construction based Qualifications Such as SMSTS, SSSTS, IOSH Managing safely, CPCS cards, etc.
This qualification is suitable for:
- Learners who hold Gold CSCS card or have completed NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervisor NVQ.
- Learners with no prior experience.
- Workers who need the qualification to meet legislative requirements.
- Workers wishing to progress into a supervisory position.
- People in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects.
- Individuals who wish to start their own business.
- Full-time and part-time study.
On completion of this qualification, you will have obtained the skills, knowledge, and understanding, and demonstrated competence. Learners may progress from the Level 6 site manager to Level 7 Construction senior site management.
To gain the qualification, learners must achieve mandatory core units.
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace.
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace.
- Establishing, Implementing, and Maintaining Systems for Managing Health, Safety, and Welfare in the Workplace.
- Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operational Requirements in the Workplace.
- Monitoring Construction Related Project Activities in the Workplace.
- Controlling Project Progress Against Agreed Quality Standards in the Workplace.
- Controlling Project Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace.
- Managing Personal Development in a Construction-Related Workplace.
- Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams in the Workplace.
- Contributing to the Identification of Work Teams in the Workplace.
- Establishing, Controlling, and Monitoring Environmental Factors and Sustainability in the Workplace.
- Planning the Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace.
- Ensuring that Work Activities and Resources Meet Project Work Requirements in the Workplace.
- Identifying, Allocating, and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment, or Machinery in the Workplace.
- Organizing, Controlling and Monitoring Supplies of Materials in the Workplace.
- Establishing and Monitoring Communication Systems and Organisational Procedures in the Workplace.
- Establishing Project Dimensional Control Criteria in the Workplace.
- Controlling Project Quantities and Costs in the Workplace.
- Evaluating Feedback Information and Recommending Improvements in the Workplace.
There are various options in this Qualification so you will also have a choice of pathways in which you can choose to go down. Each pathway has its own mandatory and optional units that you need to complete.
For more information on the content of the qualification please contact us
Once you are enrolled for this Qualification, you will be assigned an assessor. The assessor will arrange an induction visit with you to go through the evidence requirement. The Assessor will arrange an observation with you on-site and can use a range of methods during the assessment, such as Professional discussion, knowledge questions written by candidate or professional discussion, and witness testimonials.