This course is designed for managers and supervisors to help them understand their essential dayto-day responsibilities.
When a candidate passes this course, they will receive a certificate which demonstrates that they can supervise and train staff to handle food safely and hygienically.
This is a comprehensive course which starts with basic definitions of key words, then follows a logical path through other topics including the types of food hazards, personal hygiene, pest control, legislation, enforcement, and the design and cleaning of food premises and equipment. It also discusses how to implement a successful food safety management system.
There’s a wide range of topics because maintaining food safety and food hygiene is vital if you’re to reduce the risk of food poisoning. The correct Food Safety Management System, professionally run, protects your customers, your staff, and the reputation of your company.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify and explain the key pieces of Food Safety legislation and its application to the workplace.
• Understand the importance of the implementation of HACCP.
• Explain the importance of workplace design and use in regard to Food Safety.
• Define the issues surrounding Food poisoning, spoilage and preservation.
• Identify numerous hazards and control procedures with regards to Microbe, Chemical, Allergen and Physical hazards.
• Understand the importance of Personal Hygiene, workplace cleaning and pest control.
This course is aimed at supervisors and first line managers working in the food industry as well as small business owners responsible for running their premises and ensuring their staff are working safely and to the expected standards. It is also a natural progression from the level 2 courses in food safety and HACCP management for those who are taking on more responsibilities.
Food business owners, supervisors and managers have legal duties in UK and EU law to ensure that they and their staff work and prepare food safely and in compliance with good practice.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost-effective, so candidates can progress through the modules at their own pace, in their own time, making it easy to fit the training around their work and personal life.
We offer a wide range of health and safety courses that would be appropriate for people working in the food industry.