is this NQV Accredited?
This Qualification is supported by CSCS, CPCS and accredited by either SQA or ProQual.
CSCS provides a registration card scheme acknowledged by industry for those involved in construction. The scheme recognizes skills, knowledge and understanding, competence, and qualifications.
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area. However, learners must have the potential and opportunity to gain this qualification successfully.
This qualification is suitable for:
- If you are in the current role of Plant Operator driving Dumper and Roller with red CPCS card and wants to convert to Blue CPCS card.
- Workers who need the qualification to meet legislative requirements.
- Workers wishing to progress into a supervisory position.
- People in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects.
- Individuals who wish to start their own business.
- Full-time and part-time study.
To gain the qualification, learners must achieve mandatory core units.
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace.
- Supervising Lifting Operations Using Lifting Equipment in the Workplace.
- Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare, and Environmental Protection in the Workplace.
- Coordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace.
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace.
- Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of the Work in the Workplace.
- Co-ordinating Preparation Work for Site or Lifting Operations in the Workplace.
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace.
Once you are enrolled for this Qualification, you will be assigned an assessor. The assessor will arrange an induction visit with you to go through the evidence requirement. The Assessor will arrange an observation with you on-site and can use a range of methods during the assessment, such as Professional discussion, knowledge questions written by candidate or professional discussion, and witness testimonials.
On completion of this qualification, you will have obtained the skills, knowledge, and understanding, and demonstrated competence. Learners may progress from the Supervising Lifts at Level 4 to a qualification at Level 5 in NVQDiploma in Controlling Lifting Operations — Planning Lifts.