is this NQV Accredited?
This Qualification is supported by CSCS and accredited by either SQA or ProQual.
CSCS provides a registration card scheme acknowledged by industry for those involved in construction. The scheme recognises skills, knowledge and understanding, competence and qualifications.
You must be working as a construction site supervisor or working towards become a site supervisor.
This qualification is suitable for:
- learners who hold CSCS Blue card or Gold Card for occupational supervisor
- workers who need the qualification to meet legislative requirements
- workers wishing to progress into a supervisory position
- people in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects
- individuals who wish to start their own business
- full-time and part-time study
On completion of this qualification, you will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding and demonstrated competence. Learners may progress from the Level 4 in Construction Site Supervision to Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management.
To gain the qualification, learners must achieve mandatory core units.
- Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the Workplace
- Assessing and Recommending Work Methods for Carrying Out Site Operations in the Workplace
- Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Coordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Maintaining Supplies of Materials to Meet Project Requirements in the Workplace
- Implementing Communication Systems for Construction Projects in the Workplace
- Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of the Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Against Agreed Standards in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Control of Work Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating Preparation Work for Site or Lifting Operations in the Workplace
- Allocating work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
Once you are enrolled for this Qualification, you will be assigned an assessor. Assessor will arrange an induction visit with you to go through the evidence requirement. The Assessor will arrange an observation with you on site and can use range of methods during assessment, such as Professional discussion, knowledge questions written by candidate or professional discussion and witness testimonials.