is this NQV Accredited?
This Qualification is supported by CSCS and accredited by either SQA or ProQual.
CSCS provides a registration card scheme acknowledged by industry for those involved in construction. The scheme recognises skills, knowledge and understanding, competence and qualifications.
On completion of this qualification, you will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding and demonstrated competence. Learners may progress from the Level 4 in Construction Site Supervision to Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Getwork Training Assessor will carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.
Candidates must complete the Mandatory and Optional units from ONE of the Pathways.
Pathway 1: Building and Civil Engineering
Pathway 2: Highways Maintenance and Repair
Pathway 3: Residential Development
Pathway 4: Traditional and Heritage Building
Pathway 5: Demolition
Pathway 6: Tunnelling
Pathway 7: Retrofit
Mandatory Units – complete ALL units
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Implementing, maintaining and reviewing systems for health, safety, welfare, wellbeing and environmental protection in the workplace
- Assessing and agreeing work methods for carrying out site operations in the workplace
- Planning work activities and resources to meet project requirements in the workplace
- Coordinating control in the workplace
- Controlling work progress against agreed programmes in the workplace
- Allocating and monitoring the use of plant, equipment or machinery in the workplace
- Implementing communication systems for the projects in the workplace
- Controlling work against agreed quality standards in the workplace
- Contributing to the control of work quantities and costs in the workplace
- Maintaining supplies of materials to meet project requirements in the workplace
- Maintaining the dimensional accuracy of work in the workplace
- Coordinating preparation for site operations in the workplace
- Supervising the installation, maintenance, monitoring and removal of temporary works in the workplace
Optional Units – Will be discuss during Initial Assessment according to Pathway Chosen by Candidate.
Once you are enrolled for this Qualification, you will be assigned an assessor. The assessor will arrange an induction visit with you to go through the evidence requirement. The Assessor will arrange an observation with you on-site and can use a range of methods during the assessment, such as Professional discussion, knowledge questions written by candidate or professional discussion, and witness testimonials.