is this NQV Accredited?
This Qualification is supported by CSCS and accredited by either SQA or ProQual.
CSCS provides a registration card scheme acknowledged by industry for those involved in construction. The scheme recognizes skills, knowledge and understanding, competence, and qualifications.
For more information Please Visit:
You must be working as a Site Manager or working towards becoming a site manager. We recommend you must have Construction based Qualifications Such as SMSTS, SSSTS, IOSH Managing safely, CPCS cards, etc.
This qualification is suitable for:
- Learners who hold Gold CSCS card or have completed NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervisor NVQ.
- Learners with no prior experience.
- Workers who need the qualification to meet legislative requirements.
- Workers wishing to progress into a supervisory position.
- People in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects.
- Individuals who wish to start their own business.
- Full-time and part-time study.
To achieve the qualification candidates must complete 4 Mandatory units in Group A plus a minimum of six units from two optional groups from Group B.
Mandatory Units :
- Manage teams in construction.
- Lead and participate in meetings in construction management.
- Provide ethical advice, judgment, and service in construction management.
- Develop self and others in construction management.
Group B Optional Units:
Group B1 Project Development Units:
- Prepare and agree on a project brief and development program in construction.
- Manage design development and processes in the construction.
- Assess and evaluate the environmental impact of developments in construction. management Evaluate sustainable resources and requirements in construction management.
- Manage marketing and customer service in construction organizations.
Group B2 Procurement Contracts and Budget Units:
- Implement strategic sourcing partnerships in construction management.
- Establish project procurement arrangements in construction management.
- Manage procurement processes in construction management.
- Prepare and submit estimates, bids, and tenders in construction management.
- Ensure that contracts are prepared, negotiated, and concluded in construction management.
- Control organizational and project income and expenditure in construction management.
Group B3 Project Control Units:
- Manage project risks and opportunities in construction.
- Manage project processes in construction.
- Manage project evaluation and feedback in construction.
- Control project outcomes in construction.
- Evaluate and progress the resolution of disputes in construction management.
- Manage project completion in construction.
Once you are enrolled for this Qualification, you will be assigned an assessor. The assessor will arrange an induction visit or remote visit with you to go through the evidence requirement. The Assessor will arrange an observation with you on-site and can use a range of methods during the assessment, such as Professional discussion, knowledge questions written by candidate or professional discussion, and witness testimonials.