Know about CSCS Cards.

By March 22, 2021April 29th, 2022Uncategorized

People working on construction sites with CSCS cards should demonstrate that they have the necessary training and qualifications for the job at hand. The card helps to improve standards and safety on UK construction sites by ensuring that the workforce is highly competent.
The ownership of a CSCS card is not a legal obligation. It is entirely up to the general contractor or client whether workers must have a card before being allowed on site. Most general contractors and home builders, on the other hand, require construction workers on their sites to have a valid card.
To apply for a CSCS card, you must have passed a CITB Health, safety, and environment (HS&E) test within the last two years.

CSCS Cards

What exactly is the HS&E test?

The HS&E testing is an essential way for construction workers to prove to employers that they are capable of being safe on the job. The purpose of the test is to assess knowledge on a variety of topics in order to enhance site safety and productivity.
What kind of test do I have to take? There are various kinds of tests, and the one that is best for you is determined by your occupation and qualifications. Please ensure that you take the correct test; failing to do so will cause your CSCS card application to be postponed.

There are three kinds of HS&E tests:

Operative – evaluates general health, safety, and environmental awareness. This test is needed when applying for the Labourer card, Trainee card, Apprentice card, the majority of Blue Skilled Worker cards, and the majority of Gold Advanced Craft cards.

Manager and Professional – evaluates for everything in the operational test as well as additional material appropriate to managers and professionals. While applying for a Black Managers card or an Academically or Professionally Qualified person card, you should first take this test.
Specialist – evaluates for everything in the operative test, as well as extra material relating to a specialised field, such as monitoring or working at heights. Specialist tests are needed for the Gold Supervisor card, as well as the Blue Skilled Worker and Gold Advanced Craft cards in some occupations.
For complete detail on CSCS card, visit our page CSCS Training Courses.